[Gambas-user] IDE Error

BB adamnt42 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 12:42:25 CET 2023

On 8/3/23 3:44 am, T Lee Davidson wrote:
> That is correct. I believe the content of user-dirs.dirs and
> user-dirs.locale are set by the specific distro, not Gambas.

To be possibly pedantic its more of a problem with the version of the
XDG utilities. This was a consistent problem that I have had over the
years with different distros.

To put it simply, the XDG scripts are not a *standard* and the distro
installed version is one that is convenient to the distro maintainers,
for their purposes. For example, for years the Ubuntu version was a
complete hack and generally unusable anywhere else. Remember, they are
just shell scripts.

These days I just install the latest "Portland" version which 99% of the
time works ootb.

However, there is a bug! Gambas tries to use an internal set of the
utilities. That doesn't work.