[Gambas-user] Scaled property to False by default

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 00:42:16 CET 2023

On Wed, 1 Mar 2023, 22:55 Fabien TONIUTTI, <fabien.toniutti at free.fr> wrote:

> @t Fabien,
>
> Most of my machines don't have the same screen resolution, and
> differents linux distro don't have the same true type default fonts.
>
> That's why i have some problems on 32 computers in my customer's
> stations in europe.
>
> I have done one  profesionnal Gambas software 12 years ago, and disabled
> all scaled properties from all forms, all widgets, and all  fonts.
>
> Now it works perfectly, but it was long hours to remove scaled
> properties and fonts for all form (more than 40 form for every computer)
>
> I checked one by one every Form.class file to remove Movescaled property.
>
> By the way, maybe a bug i don't know. I ask :
>

> example :
>
> I have 2 vbox on my form
>
> inside these 2 vbox i have some widgets.
>
> I click on somevwhere on my form and CTRL+A to select all.
>
> I change font of all widget in one time.
>
> But if i click on one widget inside vbox, font didn't change. is it a bug?
>
> ;-)

I would say no. Select all selects all the containers children. Not the
grandchildren 😎

I wish there were as some way to set defaults.

I always select spacing on my containers. Mostly all labels and checkboxes
get autoresize unless their expanded to stop pango warnings.

I may just see if I can edit my ide to support some default settings.
Do you compile gambas?

BruceS