[Gambas-user] Bugtracker email error message

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Thu Jun 8 09:35:03 CEST 2023

Am 30.05.23 um 13:28 schrieb Benoit Minisini:

> I think I should really stop using the company I work for, and host the
> Gambas wiki and the Gambas bugtracker elsewhere!

If you think about hosting wiki, mail, mailinglists, website, bugtracker
and so on by us you should keep the whole picture in your eyes:

We would need a small server, but monitoring, a couple of admins for
24/7 and also backup to a different location to keep it safe for a long
time.

I think we create not so much traffic and do not need much ressources so
that it could run on a small to midsize virtual machine.

How much traffic does the Gambas community create?

On the cooperation HS* (where the mailinglist runs) we, the Gambas
community, have traffic and webspace for free on a powerful machine,
which is monitored, mirrored to a backup machine (for a seamless
failover in case of a hardware crash) and whose content is backupped
every night to a different data center. There are admins (so called
hostmasters) who keep the main machine up and running 24/7.

There we have a web-package (gbs00) for free, which is an equivalent to
a Linux group, where we can run a couple of Linux users, each for a
different service.

Currently there is one user (gbs00-lists) which runs our mailinglists.
But we could run a lot more, for instance "gbs00-wiki",
"gbs00-bugtracker", "gbs00-www" and so on.

We could run the whole organization via HS.

The only downside is: We are not root, it's a Debian system (currently
oldstable) with Gambas 3.12 on the machine.

But if we would call Gambas "~/bin/gbx3" we could compile our own
current Gambas version and run it in the user space.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

* HS = https://www.hostsharing.net/

--