[Gambas-user] Updating scripter, related to external class definitions

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Wed Jun 7 00:26:21 CEST 2023

Le 06/06/2023 à 22:08, brian a écrit :
> Benoit,
>
>    Would you find it terribly wrong if I updated scripter to allow
>
>    Extern class myclass
>
> Instead of the current ambiguous
>
>   Class myclass
>
> For externally defined classes
>
> I have encountered many hard to trace errors because of this.
>
> I think it would produce a more readable and debuggable script in the
> long run.
>
> I hope you will find this a good change.
>
> Thanks
>
> Brian G
>

> ~~~~B

You should remove as most as possible any syntax in the scripter that
the Gambas language does not understand. Otherwise it's two different
languages, and so it's a huge mess.

Hopefully, I can add support for the "EXTERN CLASS" syntax in the Gambas
language, as it is backward compatible, and you will be able to use it
in scripts too without having to implement anything.

Benoît Minisini.