[Gambas-user] DataView Help

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Thu Jul 13 15:16:25 CEST 2023

Le 13/07/2023 à 10:30, Gianluigi a écrit :
> Hi Benoit,
>
> Sorry for the late reply, but I tried to do some testing.
>
> I am sure I am using the last well-compiled commit (I always delete the
> previous one).

OK, I see: it's because the student id is a serial field, so its control
has no value (it is generated by the server at insertion time).

I don't think it's possible to get the last inserted record in that case
in a standard and database agnostic way... :-/

There is a function that returns the last generated id in MySQL (for
example), but what if you have *two* auto increment fields in your table?

--
Benoît Minisini.