[Gambas-user] DataView Help

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Thu Jul 13 13:44:42 CEST 2023

Dear Gian,

Am 13.07.23 um 13:10 schrieb Gianluigi:
> Il 13/07/23 12:15, Gianluigi ha scritto:

> I forgot, I'd really like to know where you saw an example of my
> database with tables without primary keys, I have no idea how you could
> figure that out...

I didn't say that. I wanted to show an example of possible errors in the
creation of a database schema, which an inexperienced user can make. You
can build a Gambas application on top of that but sooner or later you
will get crippled data.

Btw, I think this is a bit off-topic now. For others ... this adresses a
private discussion, Gian and I had about the importance of referential
integrity in RDBMS together with Gambas applications on top of it. In
this context it may be of general interest after all, which is why I am
answering here.

And Gian, AFAIK the only mail from you that I didn't answer was the one,
in which you told me that you "think the opposite". Ok, I can tell
things based on experience, but if you answer me that you think the
opposite, I'm done. If that's what you'd like, think the opposite, I
won't try to convince you further.

And don't worry, I'm not offended. :-)

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer