[Gambas-user] DataView Help

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Mon Jul 10 12:40:16 CEST 2023

Le 09/07/2023 à 21:19, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
> On 7/9/23 13:53, Benoit Minisini wrote:
>> Can someone make a summary for my lazy brain of what the problem is exactly?
>
>  From my message yesterday:
> ~~~
> There appear to be four issues:
>
> 1. DataView.Create does not add a new record unless
> DataView.Editable=True. This may be intended behavior; I don't know.

DataView.Create() does not add a new record, it enters new record
editing mode. So it's logical that you can't do that if the DataView is
read-only.

> 2. When a newly created record is saved with DataSource.Create, DataView
> improperly displays the updated table data by duplicating the last
> record instead of showing the new (correctly saved) record.

DataSource.Create() does not create a new record. It enters new record
editing mode.

> 3. DataView.Update appears to do nothing. (I added a 'refresh'
> ToolButton to the form to explicitly test this.)

DataView.Update() reloads the contents of the DataView. It's "update"
from the database to the control, not the other way.

> 4. The date chooser dialog presented in a DataControl for a date-based
> field automatically saves the record when it is closed. It should not do
> so.

I can't reproduce. If you have a DataControl pointing at a date field,
the control is updated when the date chooser closes, but the record is
not saved automatically.

> Addendum: The image chooser dialog in a DataControl for an image-based
> field also causes an automatic save.

There is no image chooser in a DataControl. I don't know what you are
talking about.

> I hope that helps.

Mmmm... Things are still not clear for me. I will try to read the thread
slowly from the start.

Benoît Minisini.