[Gambas-user] DataView Help

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 21:19:39 CEST 2023

On 7/9/23 13:53, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> Can someone make a summary for my lazy brain of what the problem is exactly?

 From my message yesterday:
~~~
There appear to be four issues:

1. DataView.Create does not add a new record unless DataView.Editable=True. This may be intended behavior; I don't know.

2. When a newly created record is saved with DataSource.Create, DataView improperly displays the updated table data by
duplicating the last record instead of showing the new (correctly saved) record.

3. DataView.Update appears to do nothing. (I added a 'refresh' ToolButton to the form to explicitly test this.)

4. The date chooser dialog presented in a DataControl for a date-based field automatically saves the record when it is closed.
It should not do so.

Addendum: The image chooser dialog in a DataControl for an image-based field also causes an automatic save.

(Edited from original for clarity.)
~~~

I hope that helps.

--