[Gambas-user] Curious about --disable-qtwebkit

gbWilly gbWilly at protonmail.com
Fri Jul 7 01:26:51 CEST 2023

> Le 07/07/2023 à 00:16, gbWilly via User a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The .gitlab-ci.yml file on master does this for debian oldstable, stable
> > and testing:
> > |GAMBAS_CONFIG_FAILURE=1./configure-C--disable-keyring--disable-sqlite2--disable-qt4--disable-qtwebkit|
> > |

> > I get all the disables exept for the --disable-qtwebkit
> > Do these Debian versions not meet the dependencies to support it?
> >
> > For debian unstable it seems no problem:
> > |GAMBAS_CONFIG_FAILURE=1./configure-C--disable-keyring--disable-qt4--disable-sqlite2|
> > |

> > Just curious behind the why.
> >
> > gbWilly
> >
> > Sent with Proton Mail https://proton.me/ secure email.
> >
> > ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
>

> I don't know, I don't use Debian. If you confirm that it works with
> these versions of Debian, I can remove the flag.

This is the rules file for current  stable version 3.18.0 on debian stable repository (bookworm)(https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/g/gambas3/rules-3.18.0-4)
And thus this is what they do that seems to work as I do have a qt5-webkit component on old stable (bullseye -> gambas 3.15.2)

> But I think the problem is in using implicit Debian versions instead of
> explicit ones, as the flags depends on a specific version, not on if
> it's the current oldstable, stable...

I agree very much good sir.
You can name them by their real name, it would be better (and also works better for repository management in my opinion. It would make packaging a lot easier, to figure out.

And just like on Ubuntu it should be possible to package for older versions of Debian as well, still running qt4 for example.

Using them by their real name makes the recipe easier as you know what can and can't be done on the different Debian versions dependency wise, and so makes automation of the process easier as well.

> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini.

gbWilly