[Gambas-user] wayland and screen

Admin admin at allunix.ru
Tue Jan 31 03:12:47 CET 2023

 > graphics system not designed for network use

That I don't understand at all. It is simply canceling UNIX for me. Main
benefit of using UNIX for me always was that I can display a window of a
program on any machine I want. Windows has it with Seamless RDP, FreeBSD
and Linux has it with X. It's a must, it's a killer feature. And now
this Wayland makes a step back in UNIX development.

 > the amount of distros that are (however slowly) moving towards Wayland

I'm in awe too. Why. Just why. How does one consider replacing stable
and feature-rich component of OS that takes itself seriously with a beta
product openly unintendeing to be even close to features the current
component has. That I also don't understand at all.