[Gambas-user] Understanding the translation process

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 15:59:21 CET 2023

On Mon, 30 Jan 2023 at 14:45, Martin <mbelmonte at belmotek.net> wrote:

> El 30/1/23 a las 15:17, Benoit Minisini escribió:
> > Yes, but I suggest that you don't rely on undocumented syntaxes or
> > configurations that may change at any moment, whatever you want to
> achieve.
>
> Is DoNotTranslate an undocumented syntax?
>
> What exactly do you mean by configurations that may change at any moment?

He means in the gambas .project file.
that is a settings file created by the IDE and it's contents/syntax may
change at any time.

It is not wise to make a program that expects the gambas .project file to
be a certain syntax as it could change as it's private to gambas.
This is why the configuration/syntax of the .project file is not documented.

Benoit says the same thing about Settings.class conf files.  they are
pretty much ini files but you should use the Settings.class to read/write
them rather than do it manually because the format might change, if it does
the Settings.class will work as expected to accommodate the changes but
your program might not if it reads it manually.

Hope that makes sense.

BruceS