[Gambas-user] how to use gb.map offline?

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 15:04:22 CET 2023

Le lun. 30 janv. 2023 à 14:34, <roberto.premoli at tiscali.it> a écrit :

> Fabien/all,
> it is possible to create a list of POI (Point of interest) and activate
> them as request on the map?
> i mean, i will like to create my own list of POI, a list with coordinates,
> description, rates (maybe). Some as:
> 45.724824, 8.2606264,14z, "gasoline station", 4/10
> 48.724824, 8.4606263,14z, "Mc Donald", 1/10
> 38.824724, 68.2634606,12.83z, "barber shop", 5.4/10
> ecc ecc
> so as soon as i move on the map and in that tile there is that POI, it is
> shown.
> It it possible? if yes, how to do?
> Thanks,
> Roberto

Yes..

You can use the same way as you put the position

- add a poi layer

Load all the poi  by adding points
Maybe change the picture depending on the type

The point is shown if the map display is on it.

There is normally a mecanism that mask some points when they are too close

Do you want to display text too ?

As it is writted in gambas everything is doable. For example for my own
needs I've made a way to select points and drag it in a list.  (Without
changing the core of gmap)

By playing with inheritance you can add as many a feature you need. Like
I've done for Mappoint in the example. But for that you need to learn the
inner structure of gb.map.