[Gambas-user] Dbus mpris setting volume needs type d, but how?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 00:22:20 CET 2023

the command is ...

  DBus["session://" & cp.Address]["/org/mpris/MediaPlayer2",
"org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player"].Volume = 0.5

I've tried to make the 0.5 be a float , use CFloat, tried all sorts, it
always says i'm using type v and need to use type d :-\ !?

Any ideas how to send a float to the mpris DBus server

If anybody is interested I've been making a TrayIcon application to control
any open mpris instances.
It lists all available running objects and can currently
pause/play/skip/position etc
I started making this this morning so you can imagine the code and the
interface sucks at mo.
Very WIP just getting it functional.

hit a roadblock trying to set the Volume though and I'm probably going to
run into similar problems :(

Any help appreciated
Respects
BruceS