[Gambas-user] Translations

Martin mbelmonte at belmotek.net
Mon Jan 16 23:01:05 CET 2023

El 16/1/23 a las 13:13, gian via User escribió:
> This is because, as mentioned, gambas imports (or saves) the .po file by
> removing the hyphen so that the translations appear incomplete.
Perhaps this will help to clarify the matter.
Let's take the word "Desktop" as an example.
I don't know how it was before but now if you put "-" in the translation
for desktop in the it.po file it will remove the "-" in the translation
but will add a flag indicating that this phrase should be ignored when
translating. For example:

Here in gambas ide translator is the "-"
```
# gb-ignore
#: FHeadache.form:72
msgid "Desktop"
msgstr ""
```

Here in gambas ide translator is not the "-"
```
#: FHeadache.form:72
msgid "Desktop"
msgstr ""
```
Conclusion: If you put "-" in the ide translator wich indicate Skip
tranlation the effect in .po file is # gb-ignore but not msgstr "-"

Best regards.
Martin.