[Gambas-user] mpris MediaPlayer2 interface

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 23:58:32 CET 2023

On Sat, 4 Feb 2023 at 15:15, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 4 Feb 2023 at 01:58, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, 3 Feb 2023 at 18:55, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone tried to give their program an mpris.MediaPlayer2 interface?

Right now i have something to talk about with mpris.

See the post/download the archive here...
https://forum.gambas.one/viewtopic.php?t=1473

archive contains...

MPRIS_Server.class  , gives your application it's own mpris interface,
should be easy to change existing MediaView or MediaPayer applications to
use this class.

MprisView , a modified copy of MediaView object supporting MPRIS_Server
MediaPlayer (archived) , a MediaPlayer.class supporting MPRIS_Server.

MPRIS_Interface.class , view and control other mpris players.

Added an MPRIS_Metadata.class to handle many metadata tags.

Source contains a rubbish test app demonstrating usage of both classes
a basic (probably buggy) media player supporting mpris (MprisView)
a "Remote control" button that pops open a controller for other players.

If you think you can do a better job .... please do, then post me your code
:)

If you think I can do a better job .... please tell me how :)

All the best
BruceS