[Gambas-user] mpris MediaPlayer2 interface

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 16:15:16 CET 2023

On Sat, 4 Feb 2023 at 01:58, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Feb 2023 at 18:55, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone tried to give their program an mpris.MediaPlayer2 interface?
>>
>> I've been trying but having problem with gambas making the interface
>> names lower case
>>
>> I need an org.mpris.MediaPlayer2 and org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.Player
>> interface
>> attached to an org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.MyProgramName DBus connection.
>>
>> Have tried a fair number of methods. can't seem to crack it :(
>>

> Okay sorry I cracked it  (should have read the docs better :-\ )

Well I have very far from cracked this.

I'm having problems with another program that calls the GetAll() method for
the properties
Do you need to add code to make GetAll() function?

I have attached a project that has a MediaView that adds mpris DBus but it
seems to be , er , a bit off.
The form has a button that tries this..
  Print DBus["org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.gplayer"]["/org/mpris/MediaPlayer2",
"org.mpris.MediaPlayer2"].CanQuit
But it hangs if pressed.

another program i use to read mpris data gives me Null object errors when
trying to read the properties.

If anyone has any advice or previously written code to submit please do.

or if you want to have a try at making mpris enabled MediaView by fixing
this current project please do :)

Currently this app now shows up on Cinnamon desktops Media controller and
it has some control.

it's VERY wip and missing tons of stuff yet but i am stuck with a few
errors that makes me think i'm missing some vital/need-to-know info on how
i'm making the DBus interface.

(Benoit, have you ever considered adding mpris to MediaView?)

Respects all
BruceS