[Gambas-user] About the origin of Stock Icons

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 10:06:23 CET 2023

Hello ...

this is the workaround ... in fact icons exist but are on the same color
than the background... at least on mint.

so :
  For Each sIcon In Stock.Icons
    hPic = Stock["24" &/ sIcon]
    If Application.DarkTheme Then
      IconView1.Add(sIcon, sIcon, hPic.Image.Invert().Picture)
    Else
      IconView1.Add(sIcon, sIcon, hPic)
    Endif
  Next

I know .. this is not perfect because even colored icons are inverted ...
but at least you will see that all icons are well returned

Le lun. 20 févr. 2023 à 10:00, Jorge Carrión <shordi at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Gianluigi: You have saved my day. This morning while he was doing a backup
> to reinstall the O.S. I have read your message.
> Buff!! Bad because that means that I won't be able to finish my project as
> I wanted, but good because it's not my machine's fault and I don't have to
> reinstall the whole thing.
>
> Dark themes are always a problem with Gambas3. When you select a picture
> with the IDE, the image is inverted on run time. This works with some
> pictures (the Stock works well) but is a mess when you select pictures from
> the project directory.
>
> I guess that I should bind the gb.image.effect component after get the
> icons in my project.
>
> Thank you very much to all of you for your interest, your tests and your
> time.
>
> Best Regards
>
> El dom, 19 feb 2023 a las 23:39, Gianluigi (<gradobag at gradobag.it>)
> escribió:
>
>> Il 19/02/23 19:04, Jorge Carrión ha scritto:
>> > Gianluigi, your project helps me a lot, thank you very much.
>> > Unfortunately the same thing happens to it as what I had tried and
>> > when you bind the gb.image.effect component, the icons vanish. As I
>> > begin to suspect that it is a problem with my Operating System, I am
>> > creating a new virtual machine to test it from scratch.
>> > I'll tell you the result.
>> >
>> > Best Regards
>>
>> Hi Jorge,
>>
>> the dark theme is to blame, it happens here too if I set the dark theme
>> on apps.
>>
>> I think we need to tell at the stock but I don't know how to do it,
>> maybe Fabien (or other good soul) can enlighten us.
>>
>> Good night
>>
>> Gianluigi
>>

>> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----

Fabien Bodard