[Gambas-user] About the origin of Stock Icons

BB adamnt42 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 08:32:09 CET 2023

>     the dark theme is to blame, it happens here too if I set the dark
>     theme
>     on apps.
>
>     I think we need to tell at the stock but I don't know how to do it,

There are "missing" icons in the Stock "dark theme" as compared to the
normal "theme". For example there is no "anchor" icon in the dark theme
icons, so even though it is a "possible" icon there is no picture. Thus
no picture is displayed.

*BUT* the IDE (nor the runtime?) does not use this simple icon->picture
resolution and so it can find an icon to suit the name regardless of
"theme".

To get back to the original question, how does Gambas find and use so
called "stock icons", it's all there in the source code and is quite
complex really. Well, complex enough that I can't explain it anyway.

Trusting that this gives you enough info to wade into the code....

cheers