[Gambas-user] Print Dialog following the Printer.Configure - Method

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 16:49:07 CET 2023

On 12/21/23 05:59, Claus Dietrich wrote:
> Hi Lee
> I think, that there is a misunderstanding. I fully believe that the dialog works in other applications. I only wanted
> to explain, that it doesn't in conjunction with the Gambas Printer class.
> Using the Printer dialog in Gambas doesn't mean, that it takes care of all print formatting. The formatting of pages
> including its separation and margins has to be done by Gambas code in the event handlers of the Printer class.
> In other words: If you want to consider the settings of the print dialog - like margins - , you have know what
> margins have been set in the print dialog. But there is no interface between the print dialog and the Gambas
> Printer class for this.
> Correct me if I am wrong, but this is my present experience in a demo project for the Printer class.
> Best regards
> Claus

You are right, Claus. There is (was) a misunderstanding. It was a misunderstanding (actually a gross ignorance) on my part of
how the printer configure dialog actually works. My apologies.

I tried the Printing example in the source code at /app/examples/Printing/. And, with Qt5 (I did not try with GTK), margin
settings are NOT respected.

--
Lee