[Gambas-user] Print Dialog following the Printer.Configure - Method

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Thu Dec 21 11:59:14 CET 2023

 >on /Wed Dec 20 17:57:46 CET 2023 /*T Lee Davidson wrote:*

>Will you also be hacking every Qt-based (and GTK-based) application on your system so it uses your self-made print dialog
>instead of the respective GUI toolkit's standard dialog which most applications likely use? Did you try, as I suggested,
>printing from another Qt-based application to see the behavior is the same?
>
>I just printed from KWrite with margins set to 1 inch top and bottom & 2 inches left and right. I printed exactly as expected to
>both a printer and a file. Perhaps it is the printer you are using that is not respecting your Properties (margins) settings.>
>
>One way to test things might be to shell out to the /usr/bin/lp* line printer utilities.
>

>--
>Lee

Hi Lee
I think, that there is a misunderstanding. I fully believe that the
dialog works in other applications. I only wanted
to explain, that it doesn't in conjunction with the Gambas Printer class.
Using the Printer dialog in Gambas doesn't mean, that it takes care of
all print formatting. The formatting of pages
including its separation and margins has to be done by Gambas code in
the event handlers of the Printer class.
In other words: If you want to consider the settings of the print dialog
- like margins - , you have know what
margins have been set in the print dialog. But there is no interface
between the print dialog and the Gambas
Printer class for this.
Correct me if I am wrong, but this is my present experience in a demo
project for the Printer class.
Best regards
Claus