[Gambas-user] A question for Lee

Marco Ancillotti gambas at servinfo.it
Thu Aug 10 09:18:46 CEST 2023

Il 10/08/23 07:48, BB ha scritto:

> Gianluigi, the issue is well described by Marco "database is m$ sql
> server , I use odbc to connect and it works... BUT i cannot enumerate
> the results as there some bug in the odbc driver ( witch I can't change )"
>
> In other words, the ODBC *driver* (not the Gambas odbc component) has
> a bug (that he has later stated has been recognized and patched) that
> the sysadmins wont support. Which is ridiculous but such is politics
> in the modern organisation!
>
> So the driver wont enumerate and therefore the Gambas Result objects
> wont enumerate.

Hi Gianluigi , the answer from BB is right , I can't enumerate the
result so if I read it line by line it works but if I say somethink like
"go to the 31st line" it don't work and I get the first line.

For that bug for every query I need to read all the result line by line
and save it to a collection where I can search without any problem.

Bye,

Marco.