[Gambas-user] A question for Lee

BB adamnt42 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 07:48:32 CEST 2023

On 10/8/23 3:05 pm, Gianluigi wrote:
> Hi Lee,
>
> I address you because you are the one who first and immediately gave
> the right suggestion (use collections) on 'structures and classes'.
> I must apologize to you for not understanding the nice code posted and
> thank you very much for sharing.
> I must also apologize for the nonsense I wrote.
> Although Jussi agreed with your suggestion, I still didn't understand
> the problem.
> I just ask you a courtesy, I still don't understand what it means to
> receive a non-enumerable result, is it possible to have an example?
>
> Best regards
>
> Gianluigi
>
> P.S. I apologize for the delay, but I'm working in the garden and last
> night I posted to the old address:-(

(Sorry to butt in here.)

Gianluigi, the issue is well described by Marco "database is m$ sql
server , I use odbc to connect and it works... BUT i cannot enumerate
the results as there some bug in the odbc driver ( witch I can't change )"

In other words, the ODBC *driver* (not the Gambas odbc component) has a
bug (that he has later stated has been recognized and patched) that the
sysadmins wont support. Which is ridiculous but such is politics in the
modern organisation!

So the driver wont enumerate and therefore the Gambas Result objects
wont enumerate.