[Gambas-user] CLASS inherits from CLASS causes OUT OF BOUNDS (#22)

Mayost Sharon sharon at 455.co.il
Tue Apr 18 09:38:31 CEST 2023

---------- Original Message -----------
From: BB <adamnt42 at gmail.com>
To: user at lists.gambas-basic.org
Sent: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 16:04:19 +0930
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] CLASS inherits from CLASS causes OUT OF BOUNDS (#22)

> On 18/4/23 3:52 pm, Mayost Sharon wrote:
> > 8<
> > 2. Make class2 inherit from class1 and then I can access from class2 to class1
> > And when I try it gives the error of: OUT OF BOUNDS
> >
> > ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
>
> As BruceS says, you are trying to create circular dependencies, not
> good. You may benefit by thinking about your classes in terms of "real
> world" things which may make things clearer.
>
> Try the attached (if you cant extract it see
> https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/howto/opengmailtxt)
------- End of Original Message -------

Thank you
I learned another new thing from your example, thanks

But I want to reach something like this:
pet.cat.name
pet.Dog.name
And through a Cat class want to change a variable that is in ANIMAL

I will try to make a more logical sample code from TIMER so that they know what I want