[Gambas-user] only using bytecode 3.18 works for me now

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:37:02 CEST 2022

On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 at 07:42, Christof Thalhofer <chrisml at deganius.de> wrote:

> Am 04.10.22 um 01:07 schrieb Benoit Minisini:
>
> > Le 04/10/2022 à 00:26, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >>
> >> aaah phew :)
> >> Thank you kind sir, yep all working again now :)
> >>
> >> Respects
> >> BruceS
> >>

> > Do not talk too fast, new optimizations just arrived! :-)
>
> Poor BruceS ;-)
>
> Joking aside, I see that there's a webpage in the wiki that documents
> how to handle problems with bytecode changes, here:
>
> https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/compat
>
> But is there any documentation what versions exist and how they differ?
>
> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer

Yes,  I wrote that page when Benoit first told me about the
GB_PCODE_VERSION "trick" many moons ago :)

I think the only doc for changes is the change log
I should probably add to that page that the best way to tell if your
program will work on an older gambas is to try it on an older gambas.

Bring on the optimizations Ben ,, I LOVE IT REALLY !!  ;) lol

Respects
BruceS