[Gambas-user] After last update, every single piece of terminal software broke

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 11:45:21 CEST 2022

On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 at 03:30, Brian G <brian at westwoodsvcs.com> wrote:

> The problem comes when the 3.18 hits the stable. And the clients whom can
> not compile, end up with no working applications......
>
> It is a real problem. Even apps compiled with 3.15 because of previous
> problems failed when executed.
>
> This is a very big issue, and not just an inconvenience .
>
> We can not even compile early...
>
> --
> Thanks
> Brian G

I have reverted the new "optimizations" in the interpreter that screwed
everything up for me.
down to commit
https://gitlab.com/bsteers4/gambas/-/commit/0632fa8d8914959643ec7547b4542cff0bf1f9e8
Now my gambas works again.

It's weird, With the optimizations Ben did i can install "master" branch
from the gambas/gambas gitlab and do not get issues (except none of my
custom gambas modifications exist)

But my bruces-patched branch AND the "master" branch from bsteers4/gambas
give problems (float/string mix up) and the master branch "should" be the
same as gambas/gambas master with git pull upstream master ?? :-\

V odd.

Appologies if i'm hijacking your thread Bri , it's just occurred to me i
might be getting a completely different issue to you as mine seems to be
Floats and Strings being mixed up somehow and not pcode version errors I
can recompile out of :-\

Respects
BruceS