[Gambas-user] Starting a new process - but not as a child

BB adamnt42 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 11:52:46 CET 2022

On 18/11/22 9:04 pm, gian via User wrote:
> Il 18/11/22 09:50, BB ha scritto:
>> *Is there any way to spawn a new process that is **_not_**a child of
>> the running gambas process?*
>>

> I don't know if it is feasible.
> If I were to do it myself (to puttanesca :-)), I would do a
> pre-megaparser to skim text files to send to three folders (Rotten,
> Sick, Healthy) and then run the megaparser for the Healthy folder and
> then the parsers.
>
> Regards
>
> Gianluigi

You are probably right, I was trying to avoid this (for reasons of
non-disclosure agreements, I was trying to avoid that).

But you may have given me another idea. If the megaparser thinks the
file is a puttanesca (yes, I know what it means) then I'll just send it
back to them with a "Garbage In - Garbage Out" message. Let's see how
that like that!

thanks for the input

p.s. The remainder of this post is in Australian and describes what I
think of W*n*o*s programmers.