[Gambas-user] Quoting and Threads – was: CDate Documentation

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Mon Nov 14 23:29:19 CET 2022

Am 14.11.22 um 22:45 schrieb Claus Dietrich:

>> This is why I talked about point #5: it seems that you think Gambas
>> understands in some way the usual concept of date. But Gambas doesn't.
>> It does not store things like day, month, year... It only manipulates
>> timestamp, i.e. absolute time instants.
>> Maybe if "Date" datatype and "CDate" functions had been named
>> "Timestamp" and "CTimestamp", it would have been more clear?
>
> I am aware of the details of the datatype Date including
> how data are stored and I also don't mix up things. The example
> in #5 is just a real practical example of a timestamp with UTC
> notation represented by a string and communicated over the Internet.

When you quote, can you please specify who you are quoting and when the
quote is from? Like I did here:

"Am 14.11.22 um 22:45 schrieb Claus Dietrich:"

Otherwise it is difficult to follow the discussion.

Also please reply to a mail you are quoting instead of creating a new
one with the same topic and pasting the quote inside the text. AFAICS
you started four different threads with the same topic "CDate
Documentation" by writing a new mail with the same topic.

When you reply instead, your email program creates an "In-Reply-To"
header that allows different clients to sort your reply to the correct
place in the thread.

Thank you!

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer