[Gambas-user] CDate Documentation

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Mon Nov 14 15:51:51 CET 2022

>You don't understand:
>
>1) That the Gambas 'Date' datatype is a timestamp, not a local
>representation of a date.

I didn't refer to Date as datatype. I clearly referred to the Date
function and both functions
- Date(y,m,d,h,m,s) and CDate(mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss)-
deliver the datatype Date but with different results.

>2) That a timestamp is the representation of a *absolute physical
>instant*. It is not relative like a string representation of a date.

Then standard ISO 8601 must be a misunderstanding.

>If you can't get with this logic, because you still mix relative
>representation of time and absolute representation (as shown by your
>point #5)

I don't see reasons to have doubts about my logic and to get personal.

>just create your own "date" datatype. Or, in other words,
>store your dates as strings.
>
>Gambas will keep its logic, because it's logic, and CDate() won't
>change, because it will break programs.

As said earlier it is no problem for me. So I will provide you
with a change proposal for the CDate documentation.

Best regards
Claus