[Gambas-user] CDate Documentation

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:52:27 CET 2022

On Mon, 14 Nov 2022 at 12:03, Benoit Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 14/11/2022 à 12:43, Claus Dietrich a écrit :
> > I agree with Jussi. Here is my summary of concrete arguments to change
> > the CDate() function:
> >

> Gambas will keep its logic, because it's logic, and CDate() won't
> change, because it will break programs.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini.

That is a VERY strong counter-argument and one to remember for any argument
that something in gambas must change.
Any commands that have been around for sometime cannot just change as
they're probably being used in many programs already and may break them.

Like Benoit says Claus you either have to get your head around the logic of
the way it is and has always been (most others have), or make a command to
do it how you think it should be done.
No long-time gambas command is going to change how it works for you or
anyone unless there is a bug that's interfering with how Benoit made it to
function.

So...
What EXACTLY is the desired result you are wanting to achieve with the
existing date functions as they currently work?

Respects
BruceS