[Gambas-user] can gambas package itself?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 13:53:58 CET 2022

Is there a function/script anywhere that packages all of gambas into
repository ready packages after compilation?

I'm wondering if we can expand from just having the launchpad ppa method on
ubuntu systems?

I'm guessing something like this exists for ubuntu (unless it's all done by
launchpad).

I have a gambas enabled web server on a DigitalOcean droplet.
I chose an ubuntu system when i created it for the ppa bonus but i compile
and install gambas via autotools so ubuntu isn't essential.
I could probably use anything.
So i could also create repo-packages for whatever system it is if it's
possible.
And if it is possible i could probably also make it auto-update to stay
current.

I'm thinking Debian at least would probably be able to use the same package
making method as used for launchpad (or something very similar, just a few
tweaks maybe to make compatible .debs and set the info).

Any ideas?

Respects
BruceS