[Gambas-user] Beta testing - Photo organizer.

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 23:19:51 CET 2022

On Wed, 2 Nov 2022, 20:08 Martin, <mbelmonte at belmotek.net> wrote:

> El 31/10/22 a las 22:33, Bruce Steers escribió:
> > Have you tried adding gb.dialog component and see if the enhanced dialog
> > works better?
> > failing that it won't take long to make a custom selection dialog.
> gb.form.dialog doesn't work for me also, is not possible to select the
> USB devices like smartphones or cameras.
> In the system (in my case XFCE, buy GTK3 dialog is possible manage the
> devices connected)
>
> So, the solution will be a custom dialog form but there are the problem
> of show and "activate"[1] the device before use it.
>
> [1] Is necessary to handle the USB devices, mount, umount etc. it I
> don't know how to do that.

Maybe with dbus?
Check out this application...
https://forum.gambas.one/viewtopic.php?p=6032#p6032

That has in it a folder with classes to manage/mount/unmount and react to
device changes using dbus

It has many device functions and it also detects signals about drive
changing.
(I have not really explored it's full potential)

Written by Fabien Boddard (I think, I am not home to check)
It was never fully finished for inclusion with Gambas and it's undocumented
but it has many uses as you will see. Possibly will help with those needs
you have.

You'll have to study my source for example of usage.

Best of luck.

BruceS