[Gambas-user] SPAM: Re: gb.net.imap

jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu
Thu May 26 16:48:40 CEST 2022

On 2022-05-24 17:53, Marc Guillaume wrote:
> Le Tue, 24 May 2022 09:35:46 -0400,
> jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu a écrit :

>> > This is what I was afraid of.
>> >

>> LibEtPan, and perhaps mailcore 2?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Joe1962
>>

>> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
>
> Yes, your right, libEtPan seems one of the best choices, claws-mail is
> based on LibEtPan.
>
> The other problem is that IMAP is so complex, I don't see how to
> integrate it in a gambas project if this project is other thing than a
> mail client. Pop is much more like ftp, it can be used in other
> projects than a mail client, more than impa IMHO.

Sorry, your email was being held as spam by our proxmox mail gateway,
just found it today.

As an anecdote, I recently needed a sort of imap email checker for the
tech support team here, that would reside in the toolbar and show them
new support request emails (a single email account) and mark them "read"
for each member that "reads" them, while other members still see them as
"unread". It only needed to get/show the sender and subject, the user
would read them in a proper client. I couldn't find anything similar out
there and so I thought of Gambas for making this, but since it was imap,
finally started the project on java (unfortunately time constraints have
hit me and haven't gotten very far yet).

Regards,
Joe1962