[Gambas-user] gb.net.imap

Marc Guillaume alarch at alarch.pw
Tue May 24 23:53:28 CEST 2022

Le Tue, 24 May 2022 09:35:46 -0400,
jose.rodriguez at cenpalab.cu a écrit :

> On 2022-05-24 09:05, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > Le 24/05/2022 à 12:57, Alarch a écrit :
> >> I have been looking for a while how to do this. The difficulty is
> >> to find a free C or C++ library to handle imap which is a much more
> >> complex protocol than POP.
> >>
> >> For the moment I haven't found the right solution.
> >>
> >> With POP, basically, you download a file, with IMAP you have to
> >> create a whole tree in which the copies of the mails will be
> >> placed, manage the separators . or / etc. manage the directories
> >> cur .Sent .Draft and the movements of the mails moved from a
> >> folder to another.
> >>
> >> It's quite complex, the RFC are numerous. It is not a trivial
> >> module to
> >> create.
> >>

> > This is what I was afraid of.
> >

> LibEtPan, and perhaps mailcore 2?
>
> Regards,
> Joe1962

Yes, your right, libEtPan seems one of the best choices, claws-mail is
based on LibEtPan.

The other problem is that IMAP is so complex, I don't see how to
integrate it in a gambas project if this project is other thing than a
mail client. Pop is much more like ftp, it can be used in other
projects than a mail client, more than impa IMHO.

regards