[Gambas-user] App keeps running after closing since Gambas 3.17.2

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Wed May 25 15:42:38 CEST 2022

My Gambas web-radio app doesn't quit entirely when I close it. This
happens since I upgraded to Gambas 3.17.2. A counter check with Gambas
3.16.3 confirmed that this is a new problem. To make the app quit under
Gambas 3.17.2 I have to add a Quit command as last command in
Form_Close(). I regard this as bad stile and prefer to know, what causes
this problem.

Unfortunately the app is very comprehensive and has some pending copy
right subjects relating to the radio station logos. So it would be hard
to strip it down to a bug demo app. It uses the SpectrumPlayer class
from Adrien Prokopowicz which might relate to the issue, but I couldn't
find any reason. Does anyone have a first guess, similar experience or
an advise how to approach this problem?

Running the project with gdb gbx3 showed the same problem and I needed
to kill the pending gbx3 process.

Claus