[Gambas-user] Gambas and gmail

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Thu May 12 10:07:04 CEST 2022

Il giorno gio 12 mag 2022 alle ore 04:33 T Lee Davidson <
t.lee.davidson at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> On 5/11/22 08:35, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> > I got a thunderbird windows to connect to Google, but it does not work.
> >
> > I enter the e-mail, then the password, and nothing happens. No error
> message, just the text field that is cleared.
>
> I'm sorry, I just don't know what to say.
>
> It has actually been quite some time since I switched to using OAuth2, and
> I don't recall if I had difficulty. Very vaguely it
> seems I may have had to try multiple times; or perhaps I tried while
> already logged in with a browser. I simply don't know for sure.
>

> --
> Lee

As written here:
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255
gmail no longer supports this access to "less secure apps" and you need to
change according to their standards.

I too am in Benoit's situation and will have to decide whether to follow
their instructions or give up gmail.

Note: I also authenticate with OAuth2

Regards
Gianluigi