[Gambas-user] Program producing constant load

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Wed Mar 30 12:05:50 CEST 2022

Am 30.03.22 um 11:32 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Le 30/03/2022 à 10:54, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>> For my office use, I made a remake of my calendar program.
>>
>> Everything running fine so far, but today I saw that when I have the
>> program on the active screen, it produces a constant load of about 40
>> % (the little faker on my desktop has 4 CPUs and Xosview says 1.3 with
>> the calendar visible).
>>
>> top says gbr3 is sucking CPU, but of course no more information.
>>
>> So my question is, how can I find out what is going on within my
>> program? Obviously, there is one event which is fired over and over
>> again.
>>
>> Regards
>> Rolf
>>

> gbx3 -t displays each ligne executed. It generates a lot of log in the
> terminal, but you can see what the program runs exactly.
>
> Regards,

Oh yes, that shows it clearly: There is a large gridview displaying the
hours for each day. Obviously, the gridview constantly fires up the Data
event which jumps into one function looking for the school holidays.

The question is, why is Data called over and over again?

This is an Ubuntu Mate and I chose gb.qt5 and gb.qt5.ext as libraries.
May that be the reason? Or should I look for something else? I have
other projects running with the same libraries here, they use Gridview
as well, and they do not constantly fire the Data event.

Regards
Rolf