[Gambas-user] List al the classes and symbols

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Mon Jun 27 22:06:20 CEST 2022

Le 27/06/2022 à 21:58, bb a écrit :
>> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
> I have tried this several times over the years. It has never been a
> complete success, mainly due to the issues that Bruce S raised.
>
> Sitting here at 5:00am having been woken by a bloody great freight
> train going through the town, I had a thought.
>
> The classes and symbols for everything(?) are in the .info files in
> /usr/share/gambas3/info. Maybe the easiest solution is to parse these
> files to get your list.

Exactly. These files were done for that, and are used by the IDE for the
same goal.

The syntax is not documented, because it's not a public API (I may have
to change it unexpectedly for something different or better).

But it can easily be guessed.

Or maybe the code coud be extract to make it a component.

But at the moment I don't know why listing all Gambas classes is needed
by Martin.

--
Benoît Minisini.