[Gambas-user] List al the classes and symbols

bb adamnt42 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 21:58:17 CEST 2022

On Sun, 2022-06-26 at 12:30 +0200, Martin wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to list all the Gambas classes for all components.
>
> Public Function AllClases() As Collection
>
>    Dim cClass As New Collection
>    Dim obj As Object = ? ' what object would be here?
>    Dim MyClass As Class = Object.Class(obj)
>    Dim sSymbol As String
>
>    For Each sSymbol In MyClass.Symbols
>        Print MyClass.Name & ": " & sSymbol
>    Next
>
>    Return cClass
>
> End
>
> Best regards.
> Martin
>
> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
I have tried this several times over the years. It has never been a
complete success, mainly due to the issues that Bruce S raised.

Sitting here at 5:00am having been woken by a bloody great freight
train going through the town, I had a thought.

The classes and symbols for everything(?) are in the .info files in
/usr/share/gambas3/info. Maybe the easiest solution is to parse these
files to get your list.