[Gambas-user] Unnecessary duplication?

Martin mbelmonte at belmotek.net
Mon Jun 27 11:43:27 CEST 2022

El 26/6/22 a las 22:27, Bruce Steers escribió:
> Why is it a problem for you?
> gsl complex is a much more advanced class than gb.complex component not a
> duplicate
Hehe, is not a problem, sorry if it sound hard.
I want to know why is there two clases very similar that aims to do the
same only this I'm curious, just that.

The origin of my question is because I'm trying to organize the
available documentation of gambas (in an automatic way) then I found
many classes with equal name in different components.

If gb.complex and gb.gsl both have the class Complex and then
gb.complex/Complex has 2 properties and 7 methods which are also all in
the class gb.gsl/Complex I wonder why the component gb.Complex still exists?
a) For compatibility
b) If it works, don't touch it
c) Performance
d) Other