[Gambas-user] Gambas Web-App doesn't work on a real Web-Server

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Wed Jun 22 17:25:31 CEST 2022

 >El 21/6/22 a las 17:33, Claus Dietrich escribió:
 >>
 >> Those icons which were displayed are located in the project directory
 >> "Public" and those which are not displayed are located in the project
 >> directory "Public/brandlogos/". Why does this happen when I deploy the
 >> web-app at a real server and not during development with the embedded
 >> web-server?
 >Hi,
 > I see also some differences between the embedded http server (IDE) and
 > Apache2, but the arrangement.
 > In your case is easy to solve, put all the icons in ./Public directory,
 > but I dont know why this differences exist, sorry.
 >
 > I'm trying to made a basical webapp to learn all the steps needed to
 > deploy some application gambas webforms.
 >
 > https://gitlab.com/belmotek/base-web
 >
 >Any comment or improvement is welcome.
 >
 >Best regards
 >Martin.

Hi Martin

Thanks for your comments and hint about your project.

It seems that we are primarily suffering from the lack of
documentation in the area of Gambas web-programming.
Hans from the Gambas-Buch is currently working on a
complete rewriting of chapter 24.13 which relates
(not only) to the deployment of Gambas Web-Apps
and I am the lucky one who reviews and edits his texts,
tests the web-apps and the installation and configuration
of a lighttpd cgi server-environment. The text will be
published in German and English.
Any exchange of experience and information with the
Spanish Gambas-Community in this field would be
much appreciated. We will send a note to this circle
as soon as the Englisch version of the rewritten
chapter is online.

Claus