[Gambas-user] TERMINALVIEW Dropping Characters

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 16:23:42 CEST 2022

On 7/28/22 00:10, Brian G wrote:
> I am having an issue with the terminal view when I am printing escape sequences.
>
> for instance printing "\e[6;10H" & "some message" to place text on the screen at a fixed location.
>
> Will randomly print a message that the "\e" is not supported and then print everything else as string of text
>
> it seems to be completely random. Is this a know issue, has anyone else seen this?
> I am using the teminalview.print method.
>
> "Failure is the key to success;
>   each mistake teaches us something"  .. Morihei Ueshiba
> Brian G

I just knocked up a small test and printed the escape sequence over 500 times with no error (using the Qt5 toolkit).

If all you need the sequences for it to position the cursor, TerminalView has a Goto method. Be aware that Goto will add a line
  and scroll as necessary while an escape sequence does not.

--
Lee