[Gambas-user] Timer for the class Webpage

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 22:52:00 CEST 2022

On 7/21/22 12:05, Hans Lehmann wrote:
> A solution is sought for the task of changing, updating the table in the web page at a fixed interval. Since there is no timer
> for web applications based on the class Webpage (gb.web), we are grateful for any advice on how to realise and use such a timer.
> To put it a bit bluntly: without a timer, the class Webpage is nothing half and nothing whole.

Hans,

As I explained to you privately, gb.web's Webpage class is a server-side technology. It can do nothing with the page after it is
sent to the web browser. To programmatically update a page periodically, one *must* use a client-side technology.

Expecting Webpage to have a client-side timer is like expecting to have the capability of catching a train after it has already
left the station. And, criticizing the Webpage class for not having what it cannot have is unreasonable and, IMO, disrespectful.

If you need a Gambas-style web timer, then either use gb.web.gui's WebTimer or adapt to your liking the Javascript timer class
example I created for you.

--
Lee