[Gambas-user] list of git repositories

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Thu Jul 7 16:35:53 CEST 2022

Le 07/07/2022 à 15:50, Bruce Steers a écrit :

> The forum lacks something though, organization/categorization.
> A dedicated forum might work, but if the gambasone Component Showcase
> topic gets serious usage it's going to get a bit messy trying to find
> specific things.
> We need something that has various keywords/subjects for search purposes.
> I think a settings file of a specific name in a repo like git (or
> anywhere) that can be checked for and read containing various category
> headers/search keywords/source file urls/etc. based on the current farm
> applications data.
> then gambas (and others) would only need to check a main centralized
> list of urls, maybe more than one list, one for full applications, one
> for components/modules/etc.
>
> Also a forum only has archives of projects, a git repo will give the
> chance to list/view individual source files.
> Info in the settings file could state if it is an archive/installler/raw
> source files/etc
>
> Respects
> BruceS

I mostly agree.

I prefer to privilege git, because anyone can host a git repository, not
just GitLab or GitHub.

Then we just have to centralize a list of git repository urls somewhere.
Each git repository will include one or more Gambas projects. Each
Gambas project will be identified as part of that big repository through
a special text file that will include a description of the project and
some keywords.

--
Benoît Minisini.