[Gambas-user] list of git repositories

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 15:50:34 CEST 2022

On Thu, 7 Jul 2022 at 13:08, martin p cristia <tercoide at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > * GambasOne?
>
> I prefer a forum, one thread per module/control/component owned and
> updated by the creator; others can comment/request/rate. There is
> already a section for that in GambasOne:
>
> https://forum.gambas.one/viewforum.php?f=17
>
> A Git repo could be more automatized but its more impersonal and not all
> use Git or the same Git provider.

The forum lacks something though, organization/categorization.
A dedicated forum might work, but if the gambasone Component Showcase topic
gets serious usage it's going to get a bit messy trying to find specific
things.
We need something that has various keywords/subjects for search purposes.
I think a settings file of a specific name in a repo like git (or anywhere)
that can be checked for and read containing various category headers/search
keywords/source file urls/etc. based on the current farm applications data.
then gambas (and others) would only need to check a main centralized list
of urls, maybe more than one list, one for full applications, one for
components/modules/etc.

Also a forum only has archives of projects, a git repo will give the chance
to list/view individual source files.
Info in the settings file could state if it is an archive/installler/raw
source files/etc

Respects
BruceS