[Gambas-user] Gambas on Windows with WSL2 and gwsl with Debian backport edition of gambas

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Wed Jul 6 08:20:31 CEST 2022

Hi I don't know if anyone else is interested in this or has done this... but now with the Backport working
it is possible to install all stock software and run your gambas apps on a windows platform.

I have now been able to run my users applications on windows 10 and 11 using wsl 2 and Gwsl(x server) with debian installed
You must install debian and GWSL from the microsoft store
You must install all ssh and gambas gtk3 -- gtk3 seems to work best for gui requirements etc
You must install gambas3 from the bullseye backport repository
Start GWSL choose linux applications - start your app or gambas3 from the menu
Applications run seamlessly so far in testing still testing .
Here is a picture of a test app.

"Failure is the key to success;
each mistake teaches us something" .. Morihei Ueshiba
Brian G