[Gambas-user] Dbus unique name seems incorrect

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 22:25:47 CET 2022

Le 20/01/2022 à 19:50, Brian G a écrit :
> Hi, yes I checked that but the filter in the db.dbus does not allow : it changes it to .
>
> I did try, Then I looked at the code.
>
> I believe the way things are setup that unique names would conflict with the use of system:// maybe?
>
> Anyway I can update the gb.dbus to allow the unique name as defined in the spec..
>
> If that would be ok.

No it won't.

I think you are mistaking the name your application chooses to register
to a D-Bus bus with the internal unique name attributed by the D-Bus bus.

This is the later that starts with ':' and that is necessarily unique.

The DBus.Unique property is not related to that. It just tells that you
want your application to be launched once, which implies some specific
options when registering the custom application name, and other specific
code in the 'gb.dbus' component.

Benoît Minisini