[Gambas-user] gridview sort indicator

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 19:21:58 CET 2022

On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 at 17:01, Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 05/01/2022 à 17:44, T Lee Davidson a écrit :

> >> Hmmm.
> >> See attached - zoom it up.
> >> Can anyone imagine why the top right hand corner would be "missing"?

> > I agree it shouldn't look like that. But, it might be due to the desktop
> > or desktop theme you're using.
> >
> > The attached is on KDE5 (w/ Qt5) using the Breeze theme.
> >

> > ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
> >

> The indicator is drawn using the toolkit theme drawing routine for
> arrows. You give this routine an arrow orientation and a rectangle box
> where the arrow should be drawn.
>
> Alas some widget themes partially ignore the rectangle box and you get a
> truncated arrow.
>
> Maybe I should draw a simple arrow and not use the widget theme drawing
> routine.

I was hinting at this type of thing on a larger scale once to you Ben. I
suggested a gui kit that hand draws components and you said there already
was, gb.gui.base but that uses Style class for toolkit theme appearance so
not really what i meant.

I'm spitballing here but I think we should make a gb.gui.gambas component
that has it's own theming.
Completely ignores all the various widget rubbish and draws components as
wysiwyg (what you setup is what you get)

Then you, me and everyone else can have much less of a headache trying to
cater for all the widget variants and theme colours ;)

Imagine being able to reply to the statement "I have this problem because
my app works different in qt to gtk" being able to say "use the
gb.gui.gambas component, it's much better" ;)

I'm a dreamer ;)
BruceS