[Gambas-user] Problem with new gambas

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 11:25:29 CET 2022

Le 10/02/2022 à 07:17, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
> On 2/9/22 18:57, Steve G via User wrote:
>> I am using version 3.16. It seems I have a problem that is serious to
>> me. I was using the settings to save the last known location of each
>> and every window in my programs. And of course when they open put the
>> window back exactly where it was last time. My programming makes use
>> of multiple monitors so this is extremely important to me. The various
>> Windows have to go to the correct location. I just upgraded to the new
>> gambas. My windows show up in random locations on different monitors.
>> The information is being saved as to where they're supposed to go
>> however the windows do not go back where they were saved. I am
>> assuming this is a glitch in the new gambas. Or is there something new
>> that I am missing?
>
> I assume you are also saving and restoring the Window.Screen property
> [1]. Note, "If the window is on several monitors at the same time, one
> of them is returned."

You actually don't specify which monitor (or screen) a window belongs.

All screens are integrated into a global virtual desktop, and windows
coordinates are relative to this virtual desktop. Consequently, a window
can be located on several different screens, and the Window.Screen
property returns one of them.

Benoît Minisini