[Gambas-user] I feel a deep resentment for git

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 13:34:31 CET 2022

Il giorno ven 4 feb 2022 alle ore 12:20 Cristiano Guadagnino <
criguada at gmail.com> ha scritto:
Hi Cris,

> When you say
>
>> In the home I have the gambasdevel folder that I destroy and recompile
>> from git as I usually do.
>>

> Please elaborate on "destroy and recompile from git" because this is not
> clear. What are you doing actually? Care to post the commands you type?

I wrote the part about gambasdevel only for completeness of information,
because otherwise you could think that I do everything from fork.
Anyway to avoid problems in the compilation of Gambas I use a drastic
method of update, these are my commands:
cd gambasdevel
sudo make uninstall
cd
rm -rf gambasdevel/
git clone --depth=1 https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git gambasdevel
cd gambasdevel
./reconf-all && ./configure -C
make && LANG="C" sudo make install

> I also have the gambas folder that comes from the fork on my remote server.
>

> So you have forked Benoit's repo on Github and you "git pull" from your
> own fork?
>
> If so, when you "git pull" from there, what updates are you expecting to
> retrieve?

My fork is on GitLab, not GitHub

Instead from the command 'git pull' I expect to get the update to the
latest master :-/

Regards

Gianluigi