[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 version on /trunk

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 13:36:55 CET 2022

Le 01/02/2022 à 13:18, Mayost Sharon a écrit :
> Hello
>
> First thanks
>
> 1. I installed a new installation of Linux Mint
> 2. I performed all the steps you told me to
> 3. It did everything successfully
> 4. When I try to run gambas3 it still gives a LONG ERROR message:
>
> gb.jit: error: unable to compile JIT code of 'gb.form.terminal':
>
> cc1: error: bad value (‘tigerlake’) for ‘-march=’ switch
> cc1: note: valid arguments to ‘-march=’ switch are: nocona core2 nehalem corei7 westmere sandybridge corei7-avx ivybridge core-avx-i haswell core-avx2 broadwell skylake skylake-avx512 cannonlake icelake-client icelake-server cascadelake bonnell atom silvermont slm goldmont goldmont-plus tremont knl knm x86-64 eden-x2 nano nano-1000 nano-2000 nano-3000 nano-x2 eden-x4 nano-x4 k8 k8-sse3 opteron opteron-sse3 athlon64 athlon64-sse3 athlon-fx amdfam10 barcelona bdver1 bdver2 bdver3 bdver4 znver1 znver2 btver1 btver2 native
> cc1: error: bad value (‘tigerlake’) for ‘-mtune=’ switch
> cc1: note: valid arguments to ‘-mtune=’ switch are: nocona core2 nehalem corei7 westmere sandybridge corei7-avx ivybridge core-avx-i haswell core-avx2 broadwell skylake skylake-avx512 cannonlake icelake-client icelake-server cascadelake bonnell atom silvermont slm goldmont goldmont-plus tremont knl knm intel x86-64 eden-x2 nano nano-1000 nano-2000 nano-3000 nano-x2 eden-x4 nano-x4 k8 k8-sse3 opteron opteron-sse3 athlon64 athlon64-sse3 athlon-fx amdfam10 barcelona bdver1 bdver2 bdver3 bdver4 znver1 znver2 btver1 btver2 generic native
>

> **
> ** OOPS! INTERNAL ERROR. Program aborting, sorry! :-(
> ** Unable to compile JIT source file
> **
> ** Please send a bug report to the gambas bugtracker [1] or to the gambas mailing-list [2].
> ** [1] http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker
> **

I have already seen this problem on another Mint user.

Apparently there is a problem in how 'gcc' is installed on Mint, because
I tell 'gcc' to compile using the '-march=native' flag, and then it
becomes internally '-march=tigerlake' (which is logical if your computer
has a tigerlake cpu), but this flag apparently is not understood by the
compiler!

I don't know if it is a bug in 'gcc' or in 'Mint'. In the meanwhile, put
in your environment 'GB_JIT_CFLAGS=-O3', it should fix the problem
temporarily.

Benoît Minisini